Cristiano Ronaldo Issues Update On His Future After Juventus Clinch Serie A Title

Cristiano Ronaldo insists he will be back at Juventus next season ‘one thousand per cent’.

Ronaldo featured as the Bianconeri beat Fiorentina 2-1 to seal their eighth successive Serie A title on Saturday.

His cross was turned in to his own goal by Fiorentina defender German Pezzella to complete the comeback victory for Juve after Alex Sandro had cancelled out Nikola Milenkovic’s opener.

There had been speculation Ronaldo could consider his future just one year into his four-year contract in Turin after the Old Lady crashed out of the Champions League in midweek.

They were beaten over two legs by Ajax in the quarter-finals as the Dutch giants progressed to face Tottenham in the last four.

But Real Madrid legend Ronaldo insists he is going nowhere.

“Will I be at Juventus next season? ‘Mil per cento’ (1000 per cent),” he said.

It comes in stark contrast to his message after he had helped Los Blancos to a third successive Champions League crown against Liverpool in Kiev last year.

After that match, he said: ““It was very nice to be a Real Madrid…in the coming days I will give a response to the fans, who have always been at my side.”

He would go on to join Juve in a £90million deal last summer.

Ronaldo netted a hat-trick in the last 16 as Juventus came back to beat Atletico Madrid, but they could not get past Ajax in the quarters.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s