Cristiano Ronaldo Reveals How The Rape Allegation He Faces Has Affected Him

Cristiano Ronaldo has said that the rape allegations against him are affecting his personal life.

Ronaldo has continued to deny any wrongdoing after Kathryn Mayorga accused him of rape in Las Vegas in June 2009.

The Juventus star has previously labelled the allegations as “fake news” and says that sex was consensual.

In an interview with France Football magazine to be published on Tuesday, Ronaldo has again denied the claims against him.

The 33-year-old also said that the allegations were having an impact on his family life.

He said: “Of course this story is interfering in my life.

“I have a partner, four children, an ageing mother, sisters, a brother, a family I’m very close to.”

Since the allegations were brought to the Las Vegas Police Department, Ms Mayorga has quit her job as a teacher and gone into hiding.

She told German newspaper Der Spiegel that she has suffered clinical depression and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder following the alleged rape.

Legal papers seen by The Sun state: “Cristiano Ronaldo pulled the plaintiff into a bedroom and on to a bed and attempted to engage in sexual intercourse.”

It said the plaintiff refused, tried to cover herself and was screaming: “No, no, no”.

It adds: “When Cristiano Ronaldo completed the sexual assault, he allowed her to leave the bedroom stating he was sorry, he was usually a gentleman.”

Ronaldo reportedly previously agreed to pay Ms Mayorga £287,000 to stop her pursuing criminal charges — ­which could have seen him jailed for life — ­­and gagged her from going public.

But her lawyers are now trying to overturn that settlement and she has spoken out for the first time.

During a press conference in Las Vegas, her attorney Leslie Stovall said that she had “considered suicide” and suffered emotional and mental damage, which he attributed to the alleged rape.

He also revealed the model had a learning disability during high school but had worked hard to overcome it and had gone to university to obtain a degree.

She says she signed only because she was “terrified of retaliation” from Ronaldo and of “being publicly humiliated”, court papers claim.

She told Der Spiegel she was now coming forward after seeing sex abuse victims tell their stories as part of the #MeToo movement.

Paparazzi pictures showed the pair chatting, before he invited her and a friend to his penthouse suite — room 57306 at the Palms — “to enjoy the view of the Las Vegas Strip”.

The luxurious suite featured a jacuzzi on the balcony.

Ms Mayorga claims she refused to get into the hot tub because she did not want to ruin her dress.

She said Ronaldo offered her some clothes to wear and told her to change in a bathroom.

The court papers claim that while she was changing, Ronaldo walked in, exposed himself, and asked her to perform a sex act.

In an interview with German magazine Der Spiegel, Ms Mayorga said she refused to engage in the sex act, but kissed him after he promised he would let her go.

She recalled: “He starts to come on to me very strong.

“And he starts to do stuff to me and touch me and grab me. I pushed him away and kept saying, ‘No’.”

She stated that, a short time later, Ronaldo pulled her into a bedroom and raped her while she cried: “No, no, no”.

Ms Mayorga went to the Las Vegas Police Department later that day and was examined in hospital.

Evidence of the alleged rape was documented and photographed.

And footage obtained exclusively by The Sun shows Ronaldo and Mayorga dancing intimately in the Sin City nightclub just hours before the alleged attack.

Las Vegas police said they aim to question Ronaldo about the allegations.

A Las Vegas Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “We certainly do not know yet when it will happen… but at some point, we will have to listen to him.”

Cristiano Ronaldo has strongly denied the rape accusation, saying the crime was “against everything I believe in”.

“I firmly deny the accusations being issued against me,” Ronaldo said in a statement on Twitter.

“Rape is an abominable crime that goes against everything that I am and believe in.

“Keen as I may be to clear my name, I refuse to feed the media spectacle created by people seeking to promote themselves at my expense.”

A statement from Ronaldo’s lawyer Peter Christiansen on October 10 then reiterated that the player “vehemently denies all accusations in this civil action”.

Christiansen said a “media outlet irresponsibly” based its reports on “stolen and easily manipulated digital documents” of which “significant parts were altered and/or completely fabricated”.

The lawyer added in a statement his client’s position continued to be that “what happened in 2009 in Las Vegas was completely consensual”.

The Juventus star has also dismissed the claim as “fake news” and said he waits the results of the police inquiry “with tranquillity”.

In the France Football interview he has again moved to defend himself, adding: “I know who I am and what I’ve done.

“The truth will come out in the light of day.”

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s