Zinedine Zidane has insisted that Isco remains a part of his plans at Real Madrid after the playmaker claimed he still hasn’t won his manager’s confidence.
Isco scored a hat-trick in Spain’s 6-1 demolition of Argentina earlier this week and suggested Zidane had lost faith in him in a post-match interview.
The Real boss dismissed the suggestion quickly and told reporters that the Spain midfielder won’t be leaving the club any time soon with the 25-year-old linked with a big-money move to Manchester City.
‘I don’t think I’m an unfair person,’ Zidane told reporters on Friday. ‘I think what he said is open to interpretation.
‘Maybe he has a different role with Spain to here, but he’s important, I’ve always felt he’s important for this team and it’s only natural a player wants to play more. But my job is to pick 11 players. He is an important one and will be an important one, always. As I said, it comes down to interpretation, but I’m not upset at all with Isco.
‘I’m happy with his performances, it was a very impressive performance [against Argentina] and Spain impressed too. Isco is a Real Madrid player and he’ll remain here. That’s it.
‘It’s not his fault. Isco, whenever he plays, he works hard, gives 100 per cent – he kills himself.
‘Sometimes things come off, sometimes they don’t. I don’t think there’s an issue with Isco. The thing is I have 25 players and only 11 can play. I’m happy with Isco, there is no problem.’
Zidane confirmed that neither Isco or Sergio Ramos will be available for the club’s trip to Las Palmas on Saturday after both players picked up a ‘knock’.
The reigning Champions League holders are in third place 15 points adrift of La Liga leaders Barcelona.