Antonio Conte is leaving the door open for Michy Batshuayi to leave Chelsea despite his two-goal display on Sunday.
Batshuayi himself has admitted his future is unclear with Sevilla and Borussia Dortmund among the clubs circling him for a loan move before the transfer window closes on Wednesday.
Chelsea will continue talks for Roma’s Edin Dzeko on Monday with Batshuayi only allowed to leave if a new striker comes in.
‘If you see our squad we don’t have three, four, five strikers, we have two: (Alvaro) Morata and Batshuayi,’ Conte said.
‘The club will make the best decision, to add players or continue with only two strikers. I will be happy with both cases.
‘We have to see what happens in the market.’
Since moving to west London, Batshuayi has struggled to lock down a regular starting place.
Batshuayi has 10 goals this season and an impressive record of 19 in 18 starts for Chelsea overall but Conte would like a different option — with £25million Dzeko the target of choice.
‘I work everyday and today I am very happy here,’ Batshuayi said. ‘I don’t know (on my future), it’s better you speak to Conte.’
Manager Conte hinted earlier this week that he would allow Batshuayi to spend the rest of the season elsewhere if the conditions are right.